Sometimes it may be useful to re-purpose the contents of a TMX file in MS Excel, Word or other applications (say you want to perform a thorough spellcheck or combine the content of the TMX with other bilingual date you may have.
To do so, proceed as follows:
1. Download, install and launch Oliphant
2. In Oliphant, press Ctrl+O and locate your TMX file
3. Go to File > Export and select Wordfast file (.txt) from the Save as type options
4. Set the export parameters accordingly
5. Copy the contents of the .txt file into Excel.
If you then need to recreate a TMX file from your export, check out my earlier post.